Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Westervelt Ecological Services, a division of The Westervelt Company, creates mitigation banks and provides environmental mitigation and habitat planning services to landowners, businesses, government agencies, and land trusts. Our established industry leaders excel in the field of wetland and endangered species mitigation services to create a nationwide habitat mitigation company.
We currently have positions available for the following:
POSITION: Associate Project Planner
LOCATION: Auburn, AL
The purpose of this position is to assist in the reconnaissance, site acquisition, development, and entitlement of mitigation projects (i.e., mitigation banks and turnkeys). The position will require the ability to work closely with other disciplines within the office as well as with a variety of federal, state, and local resource agencies to achieve regional goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, biology, landscape architecture, natural resources or related field.
- Minimum of two years of field survey work or related experience. GIS experience preferred.
- Experience in stream and/or wetland restoration in the Southeastern U.S.
- Familiarity with wetland and species regulatory policies.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders and organizations.
- Ability to perform both field work and office document preparation.
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Denver, CO
This position will be responsible for all secretarial and administrative support to the WES Denver staff. The administrative assistant will be working with a small, intimate team in a startup environment.
- Must have associates degree or higher
- Minimum of three years experience working in a business environment; previous administrative or marketing experience required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Database management experience (Salesforce, etc.) preferred
- Must have demonstrated skills to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external customers/contacts
- Past work experience must demonstrate ability to work with and be trusted with confidential data
POSITION: Associate Land Steward
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
The purpose of the Associate Land Steward position is to conduct land management and habitat stewardship activities. The Associate Land Steward will be responsible for maintaining WES’s habitat preserves and appurtenances within the Western Region.
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of three years experience in ranching, farming or related land management field
- California driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Mechanical aptitude to maintain/operate land management equipment (farm tractor, all-terrain vehicle, chainsaw, etc.). Experience with basic metal fabrication and welding preferred.
- Ability to interact with associates and contractors on a professional level
- Ability to work independently in the field setting, often in a remote location
External candidates should submit a complete resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject line the position for which they are applying.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.