Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Westervelt Ecological Services, a division of The Westervelt Company, creates mitigation banks and provides environmental mitigation and habitat planning services to landowners, businesses, government agencies, and land trusts. Our established industry leaders excel in the field of wetland and endangered species mitigation services, to create a nationwide habitat mitigation company.
We currently have positions available for the following:
POSITION: Land Stewardship Technician
LOCATION: Auburn, AL
The Land Stewardship Technician conducts land management activities. This position will be responsible for helping with implementation, management, and monitoring of WES properties within the Southeast Region while lending assistance to other region staff within other processes as needed.
- Requires associate’s degree in forestry, wildlife biology, ecology or related field.
- Work experience in ranching, farming, forestry, or related land management field.
- Technical knowledge of dendrology and basic plant identification skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently in the field setting, often in remote locations.
- Thorough understanding of operation and maintenance of land management equipment. Basic metal fabrication and welding experience preferred.
POSITION: Associate Project Planner
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
The Associate Project Planner will assist in the reconnaissance, site acquisition, development, and compliance tracking of wetland and special-status species projects and mitigation banks. The position will require the ability to work closely with different project managers and disciplines within the office as well as with a variety of federal, state, and local resource agencies to achieve regional entitlement goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, biology or related field.
- Three to four years of field survey work or related experience with wetlands and California wildlife. GIS experience preferred.
- Knowledge of environmental permitting issues in California and Colorado and mitigation document preparation.
- Familiarity with wetland and species regulatory policies.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with team members of other disciplines.
- Ability to perform both field work and office document preparation.
POSITION: Marketing Coordinator
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
The Marketing Coordinator assists in planning and organizing all marketing efforts and outreach to potential clients of WES. This will include organization and management of marketing efforts of all WES Regions (Rocky Mountain, Southeast, and West).
- Requires bachelor’s degree in an environmental field or business marketing.
- Eight or more years of marketing experience. Previous experience with an environmental consulting or engineering company preferred.
- Must have demonstrated skills to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external customers/contacts.
- Past work experience must demonstrate strong project management and organizational skills.
External candidates should submit a complete resume to email@example.com, indicating in the subject line the position for which they are applying.