Thank you for your interest in joining our team. Westervelt Ecological Services is currently hiring for the following position(s).
BIOLOGICAL MONITORING COORDINATOR
Westervelt Ecological Services, a division of The Westervelt Company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for Biological Monitoring Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to coordinate, track, conduct, and report on biological monitoring and compliance aspects of WES’ conservation projects. The Biological Monitoring Coordinator will also assist in collecting baseline biological information for proposed projects and support the entitlement process with this information.
- Requires bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources Management, Ecology, Botany, Wildlife Biology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience collecting, organizing and presenting biological resource or ecological data.
- Field survey work or related experience with wetlands and California biological resources.
- Experience evaluating biological survey data against ecological performance standards.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
BUSINESS ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Westervelt Ecological Services, a division of The Westervelt Company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for Business Acquisition Specialist. This position will plan and conduct outreach to clients, landowners, and/or key organizations that may benefit Westervelt Ecological Services. This will include forming strategic alliances and coordination with large corporations, organizations, and governmental entities — specifically targeting large publicly funded infrastructure projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, economics, public administration, legal or related field.
- Five years related work experience. Environmental permitting or planning background is preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of both business and the mitigation process.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws as they relate to land use, development, and permitting.
- Work experience as a private consultant and/or work experience at a public agency (preferably transportation or infrastructure agency) desired.
- Must have demonstrated skills to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external customers/contacts.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package. If interested in either position, send resume and salary history in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westervelt Ecological Services is an equal opportunity employer.